Spending time outside, letting the warm rays of the sun sink in, while swinging gently on a swing is a great way to relax from the stress and pressure of the waiting world.
The sun, if used correctly, can help your body maintain the healthy levels of vitamin D that is needed for a healthy existence.
It is recommended that you should get ten to fifteen minutes of sun on the face, arms, hands, and back at least two times a week. Be careful, however, to to stay on the safe side of burning.
The Importance of Vitamin D
Vitamin D is important for bone health as well as reducing the risk of heart disease, diabetes and some types of cancer. It is vital for the absorption and metabolism of calcium and phosphorus. In addition it has been found to:
- Regulate and support the immune system
- Maintain healthy body weight
- Reduce the risk of developing multiple sclerosis
- Maintaining brain function as you age
- Reduce severity and frequency of asthma symptoms
- Reduce the risk of developing rheumatoid arthritis in women
So what are you waiting for? Get outside today and bask, like a cat, in the sun!